This year's theme for Origins is Superheroes. The submission deadline is March 1, 2013.
|Please Note these clarifications/changes:|
|Demo Games are only to be run either 1) at a booth in the exhibit hall; 2) at tables in the open gaming area designated for demos; 3) space designated in a sponsorship agreement. Demo games should not be listed on the event schedule and are to be free to attendees. Demos are games that are shown to the perspective buyer to allow them to understand the game mechanics they do not constitute a "full" session of the game. This does not include games run for beginners, where rules are taught, but are played to their conclusion.|
|Tournaments - GMs running events as tournaments will need to report to Origins the name of the winners of your tournaments.|
|Events that do not run - Origins is happy to provide GMs with compensation for the time they spend supporting our show. Currently, Origins policy is to credit GMs before the show for events submitted and accepted. To make the approach work optimally for all concerned, when a scheduled event does not run, the GM is responsible to check in at the area headquarters. GMs may be asked to assist in other ways during the period in which their event would have run.|
Here are the GM guidelines and the events submission form (please use the 2013 Event Submission form for this year's submissions as there are a number of significant changes to the forms to make it more compatible with the new registration system):
2013 GM Instructions/Guidelines (.doc)
2013 GM Compensation Info (.doc)
Event submissions for Origins Game Fair 2013 are now CLOSED.
2013 Event Submission form (.xls)
2013 Online Event Submission form (you must be logged in to the website to use the online submission form)
Submissions must be submitted using the online form or emailed using the excel spreadsheet to our Registration & Events Coordinator at registration(at)gama.org. There are no other accepted avenues for submissions. If you have any questions or problems, please call the office at (614) 255-4500 or email us at the email above.
Thanks again for being part of our family and making Origins a great event!
Event Submission Schedule
|Notification of receiving event submission
|Calculate compensation for badges/hotels/vouchers
|Publish grids/Final GM review
GMs, if you did NOT receive confirmation of your event submissions within 2 business days of submission, please contact registration(at)gama.org.
2013 Clubs & Organizations
Origins Club Application
2013 Origins Club Application
The Clubs & Organizations Program is our way of recognizing gaming groups around the country – and even the world – who are involved with playing and promoting social games. To support our loyal fans & game masters, we offer the Club Program again for the Origins Game Fair 2013.
What do I get for registering my Club or Group?
- Discounts on Origins Game Fair Badges:
- Each registered club member will get a discount on each Badge
- The ability to “pool” benefits as a group.
- We encourage your group to run events at the show. We will allow the group to earn Game master (GM) benefits as an organization as opposed to an individual (GM benefits can be downloaded above)
- Recognition for your group in the Origins onsite book
- Each year we dedicate a page in the Origins onsite book to our loyal clubs and organizations.
- Provide us with your club logo and make sure you have registered your events by March 1st and we will list your group!
- Origins will be offering club badges onsite again this year to club members included on their membership lists. Membership lists must be submitted/updated by May 31, 2013 for this year’s Origins.
What do I have to do to register my Club or Group?
- It’s Easy!
- Pay a small Club Registration fee ($50/year)*
- Send in a list of members, minimum of 8 members & follow all instructions listed here.
- Complete the Club Application: Application
- If you have any questions, you can contact us at registration(at)gama.org.
How do I pay my Club membership fee?
- If you are a new club, you will submit your membership fee with your application!
- If you are an existing club, you will be billed for your club membership each fall.
What are the Rules & Requirements for my club?
- All Clubs must follow the Origins GM requirements for the event.
- Please remember that attendees using the “Day Pass” wristbands are not permitted to play games or buy in with generic tokens, only those with Origins Badges.
- Remember that your club or organization may only bring games into the convention center that you or a member is scheduled to run.
* Product giveaways or prize support MUST have GAMA Staff approval before you may bring it into the show. Call the GAMA Office at (614) 255-4500 if you have any questions!
- Clubs & Organizations are not to solicit companies at the show.
What can my Club do to help the convention?
- Make sure you submit events by the March 1st deadline!
- Share your ideas!
- Most of the great ideas that we have embraced at the show have come from our fans!
- Lets us know if you see a way for us to improve our event, but be constructive. (Feel free to stop in the show office on site or send us a suggestion at office(at)gama.org.)
- Join us on Facebook!
- Tell your friends!